This course presents a comprehensive overview of ethical issues, legal resources and recourses, and public policy implications inherent in our evolving online society. Complex and dynamic state of the law as it applies to behavior in cyberspace is introduced.
- Ethical, legal, and policy frameworks for personnel are covered.
- Intellectual property protection
- Electronic contracting and payments
- Notice to and consent from e-message recipients regarding monitoring, non-repudiation, and computer crime.
- The impact of ethical, moral, legal and policy issues on privacy, fair information practices, equity, content control, and freedom of electronic speech.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.