CompTIA Network+ helps develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks. This continuing education course is designed for professionals in information assurance and cybersecurity careers and help students prepare in part for the CompTIA Security+ exam objectives. Topics include (1) network security, (2) compliance and operational security, (3) threats and vulnerabilities, (4) application, data and host security, (5) access control and identity management and (6) cryptography.
- Explain basic concepts of network security.
- Analyze and assess threats and vulnerabilities for information and information systems.
- Identify and provide examples of operational security concerns.
- Evaluate hardware and software solutions for access control and identity management.
- Prepare, in part, for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.