CompTIA Network+ helps develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks. This continuing course is designed for professionals in information assurance and cybersecurity careers and help students prepare in part for the CompTIA Security+ exam objectives. Topics include (1) network security, (2) compliance and operational security, (3) threats and vulnerabilities, (4) application, data and host security, (5) access control and identity management and (6) cryptography.
- Explain the functions and applications of various network devices and employ the basics of network theory and concepts.
- Implement a troubleshooting methodology.
- Establish appropriate security elements to ensure network availability and optimum performance.
- Set, monitor, and maintain wired as well as wireless networking environments.
- Prepare, in part, for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.