CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats. CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification with performance-based questions covering security analytics, intrusion detection and response. High-stakes exams are proctored at a Pearson VUE testing center in a highly secure environment. CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced persistent threats in a post-2014 cybersecurity environment.
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization
- Configure and use threat-detection tools
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization
- Threat Management - Apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools, analyzing results, and implementing recommended response
- Security Architecture And Tool Sets - Use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management and recommend implementation strategy while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Cyber-Incident Response - Distinguish threat data to determine incident impact and prepare a toolkit with appropriate forensics tools, communication strategy, and best practices as a response
- Vulnerability Management - Implement vulnerability management process and analyze results of the scan
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.