CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats. CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification with performance-based questions covering security analytics, intrusion detection and response. High-stakes exams are proctored at a Pearson VUE testing center in a highly secure environment. CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced persistent threats in a post-2014 cybersecurity environment.
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization
- Configure and use threat-detection tools
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization
- Threat Management - Apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools, analyzing results, and implementing recommended response
- Security Architecture And Tool Sets - Use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management and recommend implementation strategy while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Cyber-Incident Response - Distinguish threat data to determine incident impact and prepare a toolkit with appropriate forensics tools, communication strategy, and best practices as a response
- Vulnerability Management - Implement vulnerability management process and analyze results of the scan
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.