This course prepares students to identify and construct strategies for effective network security. Students learn to identify security risks, participate in risk mitigation actions, and develop infrastructure information and operational security. Students also apply security controls to maintain confidentiality and integrity, identify appropriate technologies and products, troubleshoot security events and incidents, and operate within an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations. This course prepares students for successful completion of the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
- Implement and troubleshoot security configurations on a network using common devices, protocols, and services
- Explain and document risk mitigation strategies, forensic procedures, and risk management best practices in support of compliance and operational security
- Identify and explain security threats and appropriate defenses for malware, social engineering attacks, wireless attacks, and application attacks
- Outline security procedures to maintain application security, host security, and data security
- Install and configure authentication, identification, authorization, or access control
- Identify and use standard cryptography methods and certificate management
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.