Prepare for employment in end-user application work, computer operations, technical support, or a related computer field. This program is designed to help students prepare for the CompTIA A+ 901/902 Certification exams for computer technician.
- Identify, install, and configure computer hardware components.
- Evaluate, deploy, update, and maintain operating system software.
- Produce and implement a plan of action in regard to installation and upgrading procedure for hardware and software.
- Apply effective procedures to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental networking concepts and operation.
- Employ learning strategies necessary to obtain the CompTIA A+ certification.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.