In this course, students step deeper into the AWS Cloud services to apply optimization and best practices to support a well-architected environment. This class explores high availability services, automation, decoupling, and scaling. Students will explore the Amazon AWS Well-Architected Framework in depth.
- Design resilient architectures with resilient storage, decoupling mechanisms, multi-tier architectures, and high availability
- Define performant architectures that apply caching, elasticity, and scalability
- Specify secure architectures using secure application tiers, secure data, and secure networking infrastructure
- Design cost-optimized architectures
- Identify the goals and benefits of each pillar of the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Apply the Security Pillar to deploy confidentiality and integrity of data, privilege management, protecting systems, and establishing controls to detect security events
- Apply the Reliability Pillar to prevent and quickly recover from failures
- Apply the Performance Efficiency Pillar to select the right resource types and sizes based on workload requirements, monitor performance, and make informed decisions to maintain efficiency as business needs evolve
- Apply the Cost Optimization Pillar to understand and control where money is being spent, select the most appropriate and right number of resource types, analyze spend over time, and scale to meet business needs without overspending
- Apply the Operational Excellence Pillar to manage and automate changes, respond to events, and define standards to successfully manage daily operations
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.