Three hours lecture; 3 credits. This course will provide a basic introduction to of all aspects of cyber-security including business, policy and procedures, communications security, network security, security management, legal issues, political issues, and technical issues. This serves as the introduction to the cyber security program.
- Understand the broad set of technical, social & political aspects of Cyber Security
- Appreciate the vulnerabilities and threats posed by criminals, terrorist and nation states to national infrastructure
- Understand the nature of secure software development, operating systems and data base design
- Recognized the role security management plays in cyber security defense
- Understand the security management methods to maintain security protection
- Understand the legal and social issues at play in developing solutions.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.