Maps to both ISO 27001 Lead Auditor or Implementer as well as Mile2's C)ISSM exam.
Mile2's C)ISSM certification course focuses on understanding and managing the implementation/auditing an Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO standards. The C)ISSM will focus on ISMS concepts. Including: planning, implementing, monitoring and improving ISMS in the following domains: Information Security Governance, Information Risk Management, IS Programs, and Incident Response management. In completing Mile2's C)ISSM certification course, the student will gain extensive understanding and skills in both IS management and ISMS concepts, standards, approaches and effective techniques to both audit and implement proper controls, best practices, corporate strategies and industry compliance standards.
Who should attend:
IT Managers, Security Specialist/Consultants, Expert Advisors, System Administrators, Incident Handlers, IS Auditors or any members of the Information Security team.
This 4-day course retails for $2,500 and is delivered via: classroom or live online.
C)ISSM certification Course Outline:
Module 1: Information Security (IS) Governance
- Lesson 1.1: Identifying Assets
- Lesson 1.2: Assessing Risk and Vulnerabilities
- Lesson 1.3: Managing Assets
Module 2: Information Risk Management
- Lesson 2.1: Clarifying Assets and Establishing Ownership
- Lesson 2.2: Structuring the Information Risk Assessment Process
- Lesson 2.3: Assessing Business Impacts
- Lesson 2.4: Managing Change
Module 3: Developing an IS Program
- Lesson 3.1: IS Strategy
- Lesson 3.2: Aligning Other Programs for Assurance Functions
- Lesson 3.3: Developing IS Architectures
- Lesson 3.4: Security Awareness, Training and Education
- Lesson 3.5: Communication and Maintaining Standards, Procedures and Other Documents
- Lesson 3.6: Controlling Change
- Lesson 3.7: Lifecycle Activities and Security Metrics
Module 4: IS Program Management
- Lesson 4.1: Fundamentals of Planning and Managing a Security Program
- Lesson 4.2: Security Baselines and Business Processes
- Lesson 4.3: Security Program Infrastructure
- Lesson 4.4: Lifecycle Policies
- Lesson 4.5: Security Impact on Users and Accountability
- Lesson 4.6: Security Metrics
- Lesson 4.7 Resource Management
Module 5: Incident Management and Response
- Lesson 5.1: Fundamentals and Importance of Response Management
- Lesson 5.2: Business Impact Analysis
- Lesson 5.3: Response and Recovery Plan Development
- Lesson 5.4: Incident Response Process
- Lesson 5.5: Response and Recovery Plan Implementation
- Lesson 5.6: Documenting Responses
- Lesson 5.7: Post-Event Procedures
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.