The BS in Information Technology (BSIT) program includes a major concentration in cybersecurity. The Cybersecurity concentration involves detecting, reporting, and responding to cyber threats, making encryption codes to securely pass information between systems, and taking appropriate measures to ensure the security of valuable information. Students will learn about server and network security, incident response and contingency planning, conducting vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing. Students who complete this new concentration will have the National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE) designation noted on their academic transcripts. The BSIT program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. The entire program can be completed online. The lower-level division courses in the program can be completed through a combination of University System of Georgia online core classes (eCore) and Middle Georgia State University courses. The upper-level division courses are all offered online through the School of Information Technology. The current tuition rate is $150.00 per credit hour.
- Analyze a complex information system problem to apply principles of information technology and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate an information system solution to meet a given set of information technology requirements.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in developing IT-based solutions.
- Identify and analyze user needs and to take them into account in the selection, creation, integration, evaluation, and administration of computing-based systems.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.