This 3-day course introduces students to collection and analysis of open source and publicly available information, white hacking techniques for stealth collection, methodology for evaluation and validation of sources of open and publicly available information, and OSINT best practices. The course also addresses the ethical and legal aspects associated with activities conducted in the cyberspace domain.
- Open source information collection techniques - No footprints left behind
- Best practice collection and analysis for the dark web
- The social engineering tactics used by foreigners and hackers to collect on US military personnel and civilians
- Best practices for validation and evaluation of sources
- Best practices to prepare an OSINT report
- Critical thinking applied to collection and analysis of open source and publicly available information