Security training for systems and network operations staff: First line of defense against unauthorized access to systems applications and networks.
- Basic Security frameworks and principles.
- Start with expectations on how and what to do with Incident Handling, coving the framework and step by step learnings.
- Understand what is involved with a Forensics investigation.
- Go wider in learning about Networks and ability to scan from the attackers view and also in defending against attacks with a Security Operations Center.
- Learn about specific types of attacks both traditional and advanced persistent threats (APT).
- Go over various types of tools and techniques used by hackers to probe and infiltrate into networks and applications.
- As students finally understand the ways an attack can occur and how hackers operate, the course will then transition to ways and methods to prevent, detect and respond to such attacks.
- Determine how to incorporate security learning into their regular IT/Admin roles.
- Work with Security organization and integrate.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.