Successful completion of this exam will demonstrate a candidate's ability to manage the process to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to business operations. The candidate shall demonstrate knowledge on planning, coordinating, communicating, implementing, and monitoring all the activities required to restore normal operations from the incident. The candidate shall demonstrate establishing continuous process improvement to enhance future incident management responses.
Successful completion of this exam will define the candidate's ability to:
- Lead an incident response team to restore critical IT services
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with non-technical and technical audiences
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of individuals including technical staff and IT leadership
- Solve complex problems and be decisive in the midst of diverse opinions and complex interrelationships and contingencies
- Demonstrate ingenuity in creating opportunity in the face of risk
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.