The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA® A+® certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course can benefit you in two ways. It can assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Network+ examination (Exam N10-006). Also, if your job duties include network troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of network-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods
- Describe bounded network media
- Identify unbounded network media
- Identify the major types of network implementations
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods
- Implement routing technologies
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization
- Describe basic concepts related to network security
- Prevent security breaches
- Respond to security incidents
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.