This course provides a comprehensive introduction to IM (and IAM) solutions that are increasingly being used to solve identity management security problems in authentication systems. Organizations today increasingly rely on services provided by the Internet and networked systems to conduct business, and for security are forced to authenticate multiple times to multiple authentication systems. At the same time, cyber-crime and security violations pose an ever-growing threat to business-critical functions and data. Single Sign-On (SSO), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Federations, provide the overall security framework and tools for IM, enabling organizations to reduce security threats, safeguard sensitive data and maintain business continuity. Once implemented, IM can lower overall security costs and increase interoperability within and between various enterprise systems. This course presents the best and the most practical solutions and skills for creating your own IM strategy. By implementing the latest Microsoft PKI and Federation solutions, managers and administrators are able to select appropriate IM strategies for their organization, as well as provide SSO best practices for enterprise, BYOD mobile devices, and Azure and Amazon cloud applications. After participating in this course, attendees will be able to implement IM solutions in the specific context of their organization.
- Implement identity management solutions to control access to IT resources
- Build a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) to manage enterprise trust
- Seamlessly implement external trusts among organizations with federated Identity Management (IM)
- Enhance authentication with digital certificates, smart cards and biometrics
- Extend Single Sign-On (SSO) to Azure and Amazon clouds