Laws and regulations impose stringent cyber security requirements on all US Government organizations. By employing the standards-based risk management process defined by NIST and described in this course, you are able to establish and maintain a security posture that can protect your organization from unacceptable losses.
- Implement a standards-based, proven methodology for assessing and managing the risks to your organization's information infrastructure
- Apply Operational Risk Management (ORM) to information systems
- Institute actionable security mechanisms with measurable results
- Select security controls that satisfy FISMA, OMB and Agency requirements
- Maintain an acceptable security posture over the system life cycle
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.