The Administrative Professional plays an increasingly vital and skilled role in today's (and tomorrow's) office. Administrative Professionals are handling a wider variety of duties beyond strictly clerical roles. Lab Four's Administrative Professional with MOS twelve-week course is designed to give students the valuable skills that will give an edge in the workforce. Our unique course gives students the skills needed to be a successful administrative professional as well as training on the Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Skills in management functions and technology (including project management and integrated computer software applications)
- Internet/Intranet communications and research
- Document preparation, storage, and retrieval
- Electronic record-keeping, maintaining computer files, directories, and databases
- Customer service, and public relations.
- Purchase office equipment/supplies and work with vendors and suppliers
- Plan and schedule meetings, special events, and facilities
- Maintain multiple schedules and calendars,
- Create and give presentations
- Interview, orient, and supervise other staff
- Coordinate direct mailings, handle messages and correspondence (with voice mail, e-mail, and regular postal mail)
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.