Linked to the ETA Low Voltage Cabling certification. Learners gain hands-on knowledge and ability to successfully conduct site surveys, pull wire/cable and terminate and test copper to the highest level of specification (currently Category 6). The program offers core skills training to meet the diverse needs of the telecommunications cabling industry.
- Installation of cables -CAT5 and fiber optics
- Basic wiring to make connection-point moves across rooms
- Troubleshoot and locate existing cabling; terminate and label cabling
- Server break/fix; racking and stacking servers
- Switches; cabling from server to patch panel.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.