Linked to the ETA Low Voltage Cabling certification. Learners gain hands-on knowledge and ability to successfully conduct site surveys, pull wire/cable and terminate and test copper to the highest level of specification (currently Category 6). The program offers core skills training to meet the diverse needs of the telecommunications cabling industry.
- Installation of cables -CAT5 and fiber optics
- Basic wiring to make connection-point moves across rooms
- Troubleshoot and locate existing cabling; terminate and label cabling
- Server break/fix; racking and stacking servers
- Switches; cabling from server to patch panel.