This two-day course is designed for the information security professional, system engineer, and program manager. This course is positioned as a mid-level introduction to cybersecurity as it explores using a systems approach to cybersecurity within a complex system as part of a project or program management effort. This course is exportable and can be presented at a client site.
- Develop foundational knowledge of principles of information security and the nature of cyber defense
- Understand current US Government and Department of Defense policy regarding the implementation of cybersecurity efforts in acquisition programs
- Understand how system engineering processes are effectively applied to securing complex, connected systems
- Develop a linkage between enterprise architecture and business processes
- Learn techniques for evaluating threats and risk so that you can make proactive decisions to reduce the impact of security breaches
- Develop and practice skills for assessing risk/threats, designing a security plan, and providing a path for business continuity in the event of a security incident
- Hands-on cyber security project