This course covers methods and techniques to secure wireless networks against threats and attacks.
Topics include: Security and Cryptography; Network Security Protocols; Security and Layered Architecture; Voice-Oriented Wireless Networks; Data-Oriented Wireless Networks; Security in Traditional Wireless Networks; Security in Wireless LAN; Security in Wireless Ad Hoc Network; Special Topic: Mobile Security.
Offered fully online or hybrid (1 lecture/week), 3 Credit hours. Instructor led.
- Describe the differences between wireless security and wired security.
- Build the working knowledge of security building blocks so that it can be applied to solve the problems of designing security solutions in wireless network systems.
- Acquire the fundamental understanding of two main-stream approaches (i.e., data-oriented and voice-oriented) taken by wireless security systems.
- Master to learn at least one of advanced wireless network security systems in depth, and enhance the skills of enabling and configuring a wireless network system.
- Describe the pros and the cons of at least one emerging system