This is the first course in a series of three (3) courses. This course focuses on key cybersecurity skills and includes foundational, real-world instruction in the Identify and Protect domains of the US Cybersecurity (NIST) framework. Topics range from preliminary network scanning to security control implementation. Through the completion of multiple lab-reinforced modules, students learn how to apply industry-developed, experience-based methods to the identification of key networks and learn to develop appropriate protection mechanisms.
The Cybersecurity (CSX) Practitioner three course series is aligned to the ISACA CSX Practitioner certification program. These courses are not required to take the CSX Practitioner exam, but are highly recommended as a strong preparation source.
- Evaluating and discovering networks
- Using identification and enumeration tools
- Documenting and manipulating data flow
- Updating and patching tools
- Analyzing vulnerabilities
- Generating threat reports
- Implementing cybersecurity controls
- Collecting and evaluating system logs
- Monitoring and verifying controls
- Updating and changing controls
- Performing user and account non-repudiation
- Updating and implementing cycle development