The CISM training program is an intensive four-day review program to prepare individuals who are planning to sit for the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam issued by ISACA. CISM students will focus on the key exam topics covered in the CISM Review Manual 15th Edition and participate in class lectures, group discussions/activities, exam practice and answer debriefs. The course is intended for individuals with familiarity with and experience in information security management.
This course is packed with study tips and practical information, making it a great resource for the student who is planning to sit for the CISM certification exam. Aside from helping students prepare for the CISM exam, this course will directly help those aspiring to become managers or key figures in the information security industry. For instance, students who attend this course can expect to develop a core fundamental understanding of information security as a whole, along with the relationship between information security programs and broader business goals or objectives.
Students who register for this official CISM: Certified Information Security Manager training seminar are provided with the following resources and features:
- 4 Days of CISM Training from an Authorized ISACA Instructor
- ISACA issued CISM Training Courseware / Review Manual
- ISACA issued CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations (6-month subscription)
This official CISM training seminar has a total of six primary sections. All six sections will collectively help you prepare for the CISM certification exam while also enhance your overall competencies in information security management. The six primary sections you will cover are the following:
- General exam information
- CISM Domain 1: Information Security Governance
- CISM Domain 2: Information Risk Management
- CISM Domain 3: Information Security Program Development and Management
- CISM Domain 4: Information Security Incident Management
- Exam practice / preparation (Sample Exam)
Course Objectives Participants in the CISM training program will be provided instruction designed to provide the following:
- An understanding of the format and structure of the CISM certification exam
- A knowledge of the various topics and technical areas covered by the exam
- Practice with specific strategies, tips and techniques for taking and passing the exam
- Opportunities to execute practice questions with debriefs of answers
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.