The Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) program is designed for the information security practitioner who champions system security commensurate with an organization's mission and risk tolerance while meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
Led by an (ISC)_ authorized instructor, the training and included course material for this official training seminar provides students with a comprehensive review of the knowledge and skills required to assess risk and establish security requirements and documentation. Additionally, this course will also help students successfully prepare for the CAP exam as it covers all seven domains of the CAP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK)
Aside from a reserved seat in an upcoming CAP training seminar, the resources provided to students include (ISC)_s official courseware and Study tools, such as the CAP flashcards and student handbook. When you combine (ISC)_s instructor-led training with the provided course material, this CAP training seminar is a great resource for those interested in passing the CAP exam or reviewing/refreshing their knowledge of authorizing and maintaining information systems.
Students who register for this official CAP: Certified Authorization Professional training seminar are provided with the following resources and features:
- 5 Days of CAP Training from an Authorized (ISC)_ Instructor
- Official (ISC)_ CAP Training Courseware
- Official (ISC)_ CAP Student Guide
- Official (ISC)_ CAP Training Flashcards
- 60 Days of OnDemand Access to the Recordings of your CAP Session (Video & Audio) *Note: for Live Online training events only.
This official (ISC)_ training seminar is based on the seven domains found on the Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) for CAP, ensuring students successfully prepare for the CAP certification exam while also enhancing their overall competencies in authorizing and maintaining information systems.
- Domain 1: Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Domain 2: Categorization of Information Systems
- Domain 3: Selection of Security Controls
- Domain 4: Security Control Implementation
- Domain 5: Security Control Assessment
- Domain 6: Information Systems Authorization
- Domain 7: Monitoring of Security Controls
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.