Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a structured, team based, analytical approach that when used correctly can alleviate recurring problems within an organization. In this course, participants will learn to apply several practical, systematic methods for analyzing incidents and problems to uncover root causes. Understanding of these techniques will be reinforced by exercises as we explore effective ways of gathering data for root cause analysis and how to determine which problems should be analyzed. We will also discuss how to design, develop, and implement a root cause analysis program for your organization.
After completing this course, you will understand how to:
- Initiate a root cause analysis and gather data for investigating process and non-process incidents
- Demonstrate how to collect data through interviews and analysis
- Apply powerful techniques to identify and know the difference between symptoms and root causes
- Use the appropriate technique in root cause identification
- Avoid future incidents by developing appropriate recommendations to address causal factors and root causes
- Develop a process to identify systemic problem area