This 2-day instructor-led course teaches you everything you need to know about BitLocker. This course includes hands-on labs. These labs reinforce and expand on the instructor-led portion by having you actually deploy and operate BitLocker. You’ll practice techniques for setting up a BitLocker-enabled environment, implementing BitLocker on multiple system configurations, and recovering BitLocker after the detection of a possible compromise.
After completing this course, students will understand how to:
- Plan for BitLocker deployment for both new and existing computers
- Create a recovery plan for lost encryption keys
- Identify computers that meet BitLocker hardware security requirements
- Determine optimal settings for encryption and data recovery
- Choose a strategy that minimizes BitLocker Recovery events
- Select and implement a BitLocker deployment method
- Implement an organization-wide or limited-scope BitLocker deployment
- Plan BitLocker integration with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Active Directory Domain Services, and Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)
- Support BitLocker systems in the field with minimal downtime
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.