CompTIA Security+ certification validates knowledge of security fundamentals, basic risk identification and analysis, threat identification and assessment, IT infrastructure security, cryptography, operational security, and general security processes including incident response and business continuity.
On course completion, students will be able to:
- Identify device, network, and social attack strategies and defenses.
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of encryption standards and products.
- Identify host-based, mobile, and centralized security technologies and practices.
- Describe how local and remote access security are enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to investigate and enforce security on network and Internet enabled technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.