The course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer (PC) software and operating systems to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job. In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, upgrade, secure, and perform preventive maintenance on PC and digital device operating systems.
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems.
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- Work with other operating systems.
- Identify network technologies.
- Configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.