The course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer (PC) software and operating systems to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job. In this course, you will acquire the essential skills needed to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, upgrade, secure, and perform preventive maintenance on PC and digital device operating systems (OS). In this 5-day CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002) certification training course, students will explore various operating systems including Windows, MAC and Linux. Throughout the course, students will work with Microsoft command line tools and control panels with the desktop environment and learn basic scripting. Student will also explore security and troubleshooting objectives for desktop, mobile and wireless systems as well as operational procedures.
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems.
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- Work with other operating systems.
- Identify network technologies.
- Configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues.