The course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer (PC) hardware to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job. You will gain the knowledge to assemble personal computer (PC) components to customer requirements and install, configure and maintain PCs, mobile devices and end-user software and acquire a solid understanding of the basic networking and current security requirements such as diagnosis, resolution and documentation of common hardware issues, troubleshooting and customer support. You will also explore virtualization concepts, hardware and network troubleshooting, understand desktop imagining procedures and software deployment throughout this in-depth course.
After completing this course, you will understand how to:
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices.