The CompTIA A+ course covers maintenance of PCs, mobile devices, laptops, operating systems and printers.
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of a PC and how it operates
- Understand different hardware types and how they differ, including SSD’s, HDD’s Blu-ray etc.
- Know the basics of computer components and how they operate. Including RAM, CPU’s, PCI Cards
- Easily identify different cable types and connectors
- Know mainstream Operating Systems basic troubleshooting
- Perform basic network troubleshooting
- Familiarize yourself with computer terminology and acronyms
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.