Hands-on training that focuses on the critical steps in the process of analyzing data: accessing and extracting data, cleaning and preparing data, exploring and visualizing data. The course will use several of the most popular software tools intensively, and provide an overview of the range of software options.
- Have confidence to explore new data using the exploration/visualization approach;
- Be able to approach and deploy interactive visualization;
- Understand how to identify practically meaningful discoveries;
- Experience the use of state-of-the-art visualization software;
- Think creatively about data and insights.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.