Infotec offers a 32-hour Electronics Technicians Association (ETA) Certified Fiber Optics Technician (CFOT) training program. This certification will provide the knowledge and skills needed to certify and troubleshoot fiber optic cable networks accurately and efficiently. Trainees will certify or troubleshoot different cable systems with a combination of fibers, connectors, and splices. These cable systems will be modeled on the most commonly occurring problems. The Certified Fiber Optics Technician course involves a shortened overview of the basics and more extended troubleshooting practice.
The Infotec ETA Certified Fiber Optics Technician program provides a detailed, hands-on instruction and practice of fiber optic troubleshooting techniques. Successful completion of the program will result in the trainee being certified as a Fiber Optics Technician from Electronics Technicians Association and awarded a Certificate of Completion from Infotec.
- Measure bi-directional loss in a fiber optic link with a light source and power meter using one of the TIA/EIA-526-14A methods
- Perform measured patch cord testing with a light source and power meter
- Perform loss per unit length acceptance testing in a fiber optic cable using an Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR)
- Locate a fault in a fiber optic cable using an Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR)
- Locate a mechanical interconnection and the end of the fiber in an Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) trace