This course is intended for those wishing to qualify with CompTIA Security+ Certification. Security+ is a foundation-level certification designed for IT administrators with 2 years' experience whose job role is focused on system security. The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to identify risk, to participate in risk mitigation activities, and to provide infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. In addition, the successful candidate will apply security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability, identify appropriate technologies and products, troubleshoot security events and incidents, and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
- Identify network attack strategies and defenses
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products
- Identify network- and host-based security technologies and practices
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery