The objective of the Citrix NetScaler 10 Essentials and Networking course is to provide the foundational concepts and advanced skills necessary to implement, configure, secure, monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot a Citrix NetScaler system from within a networking framework. This course is designed specifically for learners who have limited or no previous NetScaler experience. In order to successfully complete this course, learners will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment. An optional module on NetScaler SDX appliances is included with reinforcement simulation exercises.
This course is based on the Citrix NetScaler 10.0 product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions.
- Identify the capabilities and functionality of the NetScaler
- Explain basic NetScaler network architecture
- Obtain, install, and manage NetScaler licenses
- Explain how SSL is used to secure the NetScaler
- Implement NetScaler TriScale Technology, including Clustering
- Configure advanced load balancing and GSLB on the NetScaler system
- Optimize the NetScaler system for traffic handling and management
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Demonstrate monitoring and reporting through native NetScaler logging tools
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Identify the unique capabilities and functionality of the NetScaler SDX platform
- Identify the networking characteristics of the NetScaler SDX platform
- Explain the process of provisioning and administration of NetScaler VPX instances on a NetScaler SDX appliance