CompTIA’s A+ Support Skills Boot Camps are intended for students wishing to qualify with CompTIA A+ Certification. A+ Certification is designed to help students become entry-level IT technicians. A+ Certification is internationally endorsed and recognized as the only benchmark vendor-neutral qualification for PC support and troubleshooting. A+ Certification is a prerequisite qualification for employment (and is endorsed) by many leading computer manufacturers and vendors on a global basis. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to assemble components based on customer requirements, install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users, understand the basics of networking and security/forensics, properly and safely diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues while applying troubleshooting skills. Successful candidates will also provide appropriate customer support and understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging, and deployment. This 5-day hands-on Boor Camp is designed to prepare students for the 220-801 A+ exam. It focuses on PC, laptop, printer, and network hardware technologies and support procedures.
- Identify types and characteristics of PC and laptop components, including motherboard, CPU, memory, and storage, input, and output devices
- Install and configure peripheral devices and system components
- Install and configure print devices
- Install and configure wired and wireless LAN links and internet access devices
- Perform basic PC maintenance while working safely and responsibly
- Communicate effectively with customers
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.