This course focuses on security-related issues and the essential skills needed to implement security in a network in an enterprise environment, such as risk analysis, security policies, penetration testing techniques, Transfer Control Protocol (TCP), packet analysis, cryptography, operating system (OS) hardening, virus protection, and disaster recovery.
- Compare and contrast advanced concepts and procedures related to the Transfer Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). (Program Goal 2),
- Configure Linux and Windows computers and networks and test the effectiveness of various security measures. (Program Goal 4),
- Demonstrate how cryptography helps to ensure secure communication in a network, environment. (Program Goal 3),
- Analyze measures that can help ensure business continuity in the event of a disaster, such as contingency planning and power and backup issues. (Program Goal 3),
- Define common Internet components and identify techniques used in Web hacking and other attacks. (Program Goal 4)