This is the second course in a series of three designed to prepare students to sit for the A+ Certification exam. Learn how different hardware and software components interact to make a PC system function. Install Windows to discuss, troubleshoot, and repair common problems. Topics include files, directory structure, folders, operating systems, programs, and applications. Skills include basic maintenance techniques, configuring, optimizing, and troubleshooting Windows initialization/support files.
- Identify system unit components,
- Understand various operating systems,
- Perform preventative maintenance on PCs,
- Install and configure peripheral components,
- Install and configure system components,
- Maintain and Troubleshoot peripheral components,
- Troubleshoot system components
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.