Advance from an A+ certified (or equivalent) technician to a network support technician. This hands-on course covers every aspect of PC networks, from basic troubleshooting through advanced system configuration.
- Identify the basic network theory concepts.
- Identify the major network communications methods.
- Describe network media and hardware components.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP, network implementation.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the components of a LAN implementation.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the major issues and technologies in network security.
- Identify network security threats and attacks.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.