The Certified Ethical Hacker class will immerse the students into an interactive environment where they will be shown how to scan, test, hack and secure their own systems. The lab intensive environment gives each student in-depth knowledge and practical experience with the current essential security systems. Students will begin by understanding how perimeter defenses work and then be lead into scanning and attacking their own networks, no real network is harmed. Students then learn how intruders escalate privileges and what steps can be taken to secure a system.
Students will also learn about Intrusion Detection, Policy Creation, Social Engineering, DDoS Attacks, Buffer Overflows and Virus Creation. When a student leaves this intensive 5 day class they will have hands on understanding and experience in Ethical Hacking. This course prepares student for EC-Council ANSI accredited Certified Ethical Hacker exam
- Network Surveying & Port Scanning
- System Identification/OS Fingerprinting
- Vulnerability Research & Verification
- Internet Application Testing & Exploiting Vulnerabilities
- Performing Legal Assessments on remote networks
- Implementing the right tools for each task of the methodology
- Examining appropriate countermeasures to thwart hacking
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.