This lab-based course will provide students with an understanding of the threat vectors and exploitation techniques used to penetrate systems and networks. As businesses become more dependent on interconnected systems for survival, they recognize a need to train their own personnel in assessment, exploitation and remediation techniques. These teams are becoming vital to organizations, exposing vulnerabilities early, implementing remediation procedures and continually assessing the effectiveness of security strategies with an ever-changing threat landscape.
- Gain understanding of the threat vectors and exploitations used to penetrate products and networks
- Explore both classic and modern attacks and impacts
- Define the penetration testing process: domain definition, exploitation, impact assessment, remediation cycle
- Explore tools and techniques for exploiting vulnerabilities and assessing impact
- Determine effective remediation strategies
- Socialize penetration testing and assessment results
- Create a culture of security throughout an organization
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.