As many business sectors become increasingly information-centric and network-reliant, cybersecurity becomes a critical pillar of the enterprise. This course explores information security vulnerabilities and how to approach cybersecurity resilience as a complex system. Effective frameworks for assessing and managing information security within an enterprise architecture, including systems engineering, are examined. A hands-on project will allow you to practice newly learned techniques for defining threats, designing a security plan and quickly and effectively reacting to security incidents.
- Develop foundational knowledge of the principles of information security and the nature of cyber defense.
- Understand how systems engineering processes are effectively applied to securing complex, connected systems.
- Develop a linkage between enterprise architecture and business processes.
- Learn techniques for evaluating threats and risk so that you can make proactive decisions to reduce the impact of security breaches.
- Develop and practice your skills for assessing risk/threats, designing a security plan and providing a path for business continuity in the event of a security incident.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.