This course was created for novice programmers or those new to Python and designed for a very hands-on instructional experience. Students will learn the foundations of Python, including modules, classes, functions, object types, numeric types, strings, lists and dictionaries, statements, and more. The objective of this course is to equip attendees with skills they can immediately leverage to build powerful Python scripts. This course is a great starting point for security analysts seeking to automate repetitive or complex analytic tasks.
- Understand the foundational concepts of scripting and the Python language
- Use control statements, branching, and looping to establish flow in a script
- Employ modules and libraries to optimize code writing
- Ingest and analyze file inputs using input/output libraries and regular expressions
- Handle errors and exceptions gracefully
- Create simple graphical user interfaces
- Use simple networking functions such as creating sockets and sending email programmatically
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.