Many analysts and programmers have not had the time or opportunity to learn assembly language, yet this is a skill that will save them precious time when effective analysis is needed the most. Designed for malware analysts and code developers alike, Assembly for Reverse Engineers will equip students with the know-how to effectively read assembly, review statements, understand program flow, identify the influence of different compilers, and reverse machine code back to its higher-level equivalent. They will learn and practice development techniques to improve the speed and quality of static analysis.
- Describe how code execution works
- Understand the components of the x86 instruction set
- Apply demonstrated analysis techniques to the reverse engineering of Windows executables
- Use IDA Pro’s powerful assembly markup features to optimize analysis
- Use static and dynamic analysis to interpret and document program flow