This course is an introduction to the use of a computer including the techniques of executing jobs, data entry, text editing and obtaining output. It also provides an introduction to microcomputer operating systems.
- Given a problem statement, complete the programming steps of analysis, design, coding testing and debugging.
- Describe the design of a program using English narrative, pseudo-code, and flowchart or other visual/graphical notation.
- Organize C++ source code to conform to published programming standards/style.
- Determine the expected output/behavior of a program (e.g., trace its execution).
- Derive an adequate set of data to test the correctness of a program.
- Discover, describe and remove errors/bugs from program requirements, design, code or test results.
- Develop critique and modify algorithms that employ sequence, selection, repetition, and function control structures.
- Design, implement and utilize C++ functions that receive parameters passed by value, by reference, and by default values.
- Implement programs that read and/write files.
- Implement programs that utilize or define user-defined data types - enumeration variables, arrays, structured variables, classes.
- Apply the object-oriented methodology to design solutions to problems of simple to moderate complexity.
- Demonstrate their proficiency in the use of scripting languages to write simple scripts (e.g. to automate system administration tasks)
- Write simple and compound conditions within a programming language or similar environment (e.g. scripts, macros, SQL).
- Write simple linear and looping scripts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of a programming language to solve complex problems in a secure.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and develop basic programs for modern computing platforms (e.g. PC, cloud, mobile, SQL)