This course provides an introduction to the basic concepts and functions of incident management. The course addresses where incident management activities fit in the information assurance or information security ecosystem and covers the key steps in the incident handling lifecycle with practices to enable a resilient incident management capability.
- Explain the role of incident management;
- Distinguish between incident management and incident handling;
- Outline the incident handling lifecycle;
- Identify key preparations to be established to facilitate incident handling;
- Distinguish between triage and analysis;
- Identify the basic steps in response