101 - Coding
101 - Coding
In this course, you will learn the basics of computer programming - how to give a machine a set of instructions to produce a desired behavior. This course provides information on the elements of programming and programming languages, frameworks, and models. The course includes an interactive programming game, interactive knowledge checks, and the chance to write your own fully functional code.
- Define programming.
- Describe the structure and purpose of major programming paradigms.
- Explain the difference between high-level and low-level languages.
- Describe the uses of scripting and compiled languages.
- State the elements of programming.
- Explain when to use a variable in programming.
- List basic data types.
- State how operators are used in programming.
- Explain why logic and flow are important in programming
- State the purpose of programming frameworks.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.