This course provides an overview of security administration and fundamentals of designing security architectures. Topics include networking technologies, TCP/IP concepts, protocols, network traffic analysis, monitoring, and security best practices. Upon completion, students should be able to identify normal network traffic using network analysis tools and design basic security defenses
- Identify modern network threats
- Secure network devices
- Implement AAA on network devices
- Configure firewalls, IPS/IDS devices, and VPNs
- Manage secure networks
- Implement cryptographic systems
- The student will also demonstrate the use of email and the Blackboard platform.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.