This course introduces students to penetration testing, network vulnerabilities, and hacking. Topics include an overview of traditional network security, system hardening, and known weaknesses. Upon completion, students should be able to evaluate weaknesses of traditional and wireless network for the purpose of incident response, reconstruction, and forensic investigation.
- Understand an introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Understand the technical foundations of hacking
- Understand footprinting and scanning
- Understand enumeration and system hacking
- Understand sniffers, session hijacking, and denial of service
- Understand web server hacking, web applications, and database attacks.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.