This course introduces the unique skills and methodologies necessary to assist in the investigation and prosecution of cyber crimes. Topics include hardware and software issues, recovering erased files, overcoming encryption, advanced imaging, transient data, Internet issues and testimony considerations. Upon completion, students should be able to recover digital evidence, extract information for criminal investigation and legally seize criminal evidence.
- Understand The Digital Forensics Profession
- Understand The Process of Digital Forensics
- Processing Crime Scenes
- Performing Digital Forensics in Different Operating Systems
- The New Emerging Areas of Digital Forensics
- Report Writing
- Providing Expert Testimony
- Ethics for Witnesses
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.