An introduction to information technology, emerging cybersecurity trends, application, physical, personal, mobile/wireless security, internet vulnerabilities and cyber risk assessment. Additional topics reviewed are utility organizations and operating principles, general understanding of critical infrastructure, and protection of utilities against a cyber attack. Governing laws and regularity agencies protecting the critical infrastructure.
- Describe the landscape of cybersecurity threats and explain common attack vectors.
- Identify the best practices of information security in defending against cyber threats and protecting assets.
- Explain the best practice methods for establishing personal information security awareness.
- Analyze the importance of physical, network, mobile/wireless, and applications level security.
- Examine the steps involved in an information security risk assessment.
- Describe the fundamental elements of the utilities sector, the role of the digital process monitoring and control systems.
- Identify threat vectors in the utility industry.
- Describe the laws and regulations that govern electric power utilities.
- Describe cybersecurity best practices as applied to the utilities industry.